domingo, 11 de octubre de 2015

First Twipsy - Concept Art

Salut les mec! Ça va?

This weekend I've had some stuff to do, homeworks at school to my work of the office. Although not as much work as the last week (not this one, but the other before this) when we were finishing and showing the teachers lots of projects. We finished this "primer parcial" (first partial tests season) and we are going to start the second.
So at least in the school part, things were a bit calm this week. So I had the time to talk about my friends a bit, and also to put attention to my work.

Today I was doing a homework in illustrator, and it was cool because last week, my brother installed the RAM memory on my computer, so now it has a bit more memory. So I have just "given a bite" to my computer (as mexicans would say, it's a joke because we use the verb "try") this weekend, and I realized it's working well.

So I was doing a homework in illustrator today, and I was loosing the motivation for working on it, because it's been a week I'm working at this and I don't finish! XD So I thought "why not to work on something I really like! Something that is not for homework! it's been a while I haven't done that".
And there's something I wanted to draw since a pretty good while....Twipsy! :D

"Twipsy Concept Art " Illustrator CS6





































Twipsy it's the main character from a show I used to watch when I was a teen, with my siblings. It was such a cool and fun show!
I always wanted to draw this buddy when the show was aired, but as I told to a friend of mine who asked once "why do you never have drawn twipsy?" it's because I felt like if I tried to draw it, I wasn't going to be able to draw him in the original style on the show, because that style it's so cartoonish, and my style of drawing tends to be more semi-realistic.
So I said "heavens! If I draw him in my style and beople feel upset about that?!", I thought that a Twipsy in my style was going to look weird XD

The time passed though, and there are two great friends I met ( one since 3 years ago, and the other recently some months ago) who like the show, and even if it's not aired since a pretty good time ago, they are very enthusiastic fans of him and the show. Also have given me good feedback on my art, have been very nice with me, and his comments about Twipsy made me remind the show and him too. So this have inspired me to draw him!
I thought it was the perfect choice, and I finally got to get out the worries and draw him...of course I had to draw him in my style.

... I swear I tried to draw him like the show...but....but...I don't know! HEHEH! The more I tried to draw him similar to the show's style the more it looked weird! XD
Also, when I was drawing the sketch in Photoshop, my tablet stopped to work! So yeah, that's why this piece turned to be vector. Because, as I couldn't draw without tablet in photoshop but I do in illustrator because it's vector, and I was already doing another work there, well I felt it was cool because I was going to practice vector drawing more, which I think I still need to learn heheh.

About the concept:
Well, what I tried to do was to draw him as I imagined him. In the show he's a cybermesenger, a criature that lives in your computer and makes sure emails arrive to their destiny, and he's made of pure energy. So that's what I tried to represent with the bigger hand, that is the hand that he uses to carry the datat, that it's often represented by cubes. The clothes are cos, I always thought he was dressed, I mean, it's a family-friendly cartoon show, he can't be naked XD And I tried to conserve the looking (because the character looking has meaning) as well as the scence of the character here. Jolly, friendly, energetic, that's what I tried to transmit in this drawing. ^^
Also the cube of information was redesigned by me :D

And yes, I still feel a bit nervous about what his fans would say about this concept....but at the same time I think that it's always cool when artist draw a character in their own style, because then people have more variety when looking at fanart of their favorite shows.

So this goes to Saradrawing and Rabid_Leroid.
Cos dawing this have made me feel very happy, made me forget all my worries for a moment! So I thank a lot to girls for encouraging me to draw Twipsy!
Also, I chosed twipsy for this drawing, because recently was the Birthday of one of them, and to my other friend, it's been a while since I've wanted to draw Twipsy for her.
 So, happy Birthday Rabid_Leroid!! Hope you can have more and more years to do Twipsy art! 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario